Finsbury Barracks was built by Her Majesty’s Commission of Lieutenancy for the City of London to be the headquarters of the Royal London Militia. Completed in 1857, it was designed by the architect Joseph Jennings and built in Kentish ragstone. From 1907 the barracks was used by the Auxiliary Forces of the City of London and thereafter by the City of London (afterwards Greater London) Territorial Army and Volunteer Reserve. Although owned by the Company, it is now administered for the Regiment by the Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association. The extension linking Finsbury Barracks to Armoury House, faced in striped stone and granite, was designed by Arnold & Boston and dates from 1994. Finsbury Barracks was also refurbished in the same year and the new development was opened by The Queen in 1996.