After a relocation and refurbishment programme, the Company’s small museum for the members of the HAC was opened by His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh KG KT on 12 October 2011.
The main area of the museum provides an historical overview of the HAC from 1537 to the present day and the history of Armoury House, the Artillery Garden and Finsbury Barracks. The central cases display a variety of uniforms and drums.
The finest examples of the Company’s collection of uniforms, weapons and other treasures are on show. The Treasury area contains items from the HAC’s silver collection and illustrates the HAC’s ceremonial and cultural life, and includes a display of some important shooting medals dating from the early nineteenth century, reflecting a tradition of excellence in musketry.
Members of the public may occasionally be admitted to view this private museum by prior appointment with the Archivist.